Digital marketing is a powerful way to get your message out there. You can use it for just about anything, including promoting your business, generating leads, and building brand awareness. You need to know the fundamentals to succeed with digital marketing. This article will introduce you to what digital marketing is all about and how it can help you achieve your goals!
What are the advantages that come from using Digital Marketing? There are many benefits when utilizing the power of digital media. You can have global reach, targeting potential customers down specifically by placing ads on sites or apps they visit most often. You can save money while reaching more prospects at once than traditional advertising methods like TV/radio spots would offer.
Below you can find Digital Marketing Strategies that will help your business.
Search Engine Optimization
Search engine optimization is how you get your website to be seen by people on the internet. It is not paid for, and it can happen because of good content and good links.
When you have a website or blog, you need to make sure that the content on your site is accessible and easily found by Google when a customer searches for it. If you want to do this, you can do many different things to rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs). One of these methods may include:
- Creating high-quality original content
- Writing articles with keywords already included
- Providing social media links back to your website or blog posts from other well-known sites like Twitter or Facebook.
Above all else, keep the end goal in mind-helping customers find what they’re looking for as quickly and conveniently as possible!
If you create relevant information through written work, you’ll receive more customers.
SEO requires time to be effective. To achieve great results with SEO, you need a good backlink strategy, technical knowledge, and patience.
Backlinks are links pointing to your website that other people give you when you have relevant information about the topic you’re talking about.
You need to know what are the best sources of your traffic, depending on your locations.
If you live in Asia, you have to remember that not every search engine is available in your country.
Suppose you want to target people that live in China, for example. In that case, you need to check search engines like Baidu (It’s a Chinese Google), or if you want to target customers in Japan, you may use GOO and so on.
To use SEO, you need to find an established company to help you because many scammers out there will promise you results in weeks or even days. It’s not possible!
The advantage of search engine optimization are the following:
- You can rank higher in search engines like Google, Bing, or Baidu.
- Your website is seen more often by potential customers.
This way, you have the opportunity of convincing them that they need your products and services.
The disadvantages of search engine optimization are the following:
- It’s necessary a lot of time and money, so if you don’t want to invest in SEO, better not use it because this only works when you’re prepared to spend some effort and funds.
- Another problem may arise from competitors who will try to block your site at all costs (even by illegal methods).
Pay per click is how much you will pay for a click on an advertising platform. The advertiser pays for their ads to be shown when someone clicks on them, not based on impressions or views.
For example: if you search something like “weight loss” and five people are bidding on those keywords, each person who bids may pay $0.05. In that case, they would need to show up in Google’s top five results to get any traffic at all-which can sometimes cost as much as $100/day!
The higher bid doesn’t necessarily mean better quality content either-a competitor might have more money than you do right now.
The best pay-per-click strategy is the one tailored to your business.
The most used sites to advertise are Google Ads, Bing, and Facebook.
- Google Ads is the most popular and easiest to use.
- Bing is an excellent place for local advertisers looking to get seen in their area, but most people don’t know it exists.
- Facebook Ads are only good if you can target your specific audience (i.e., moms who live near you). They allow you to consider demographics like age, location, interests, connections, education level, and more-so that ads are shown exclusively on the newsfeeds of those with similar attributes as yours.
Some companies go so far as hiring agencies to manage their digital advertising campaigns because they have such large budgets or need someone else’s expertise!
You need to study what kind of networks work best for you, depending on your business’s goals.
Do your research! Start by looking at successful campaigns from other companies in your industry or niche (or even outside of it) to see which platforms work best for them. It may not be one-size-fits-all-each company does its own thing regarding strategies and networks used. It would help if you tried different things out until you find something that works well with your business model.
In the end, it’s all about who you can target and what they’re looking for. So now that we’ve covered what pay-per-click advertising is. Like search engines, you need to know that sites like Facebook and Google are not available in all Asian countries, so you need to find the best sites for your needs.
For example, in China, instead of using Facebook (not available), you may use Wechat, the Facebook alternative for Chinese people, with over 1 billion users!
The advantage of pay-per-click advertising is you can set a daily budget.
The pros of pay-per-click advertising are that it’s great for startups and because you don’t need to maintain the website itself – which means less time spent on content creation. However, this doesn’t mean that there aren’t any cons!
The downside about PPC ads is that they’re expensive if you want organic search traffic as well as social media attention. Sometimes your ad at its site won’t give you the results needed, and you may end up with competition from other companies trying to steal away your business, too (which isn’t ideal).
Social Media Marketing
SMM (abbreviation) is one of the best ways to get exposure for any business. It requires less time and resources than other forms of marketing.
Social media has grown exponentially, with Instagram being the fastest growing social network.
Instagram is a photo-sharing site that allows people to take pictures or videos on their phones to share with the world. This type of strategy works so well because it’s visual. You might not be able to get someone’s attention if you’re sending out an email, but when they can see what you have – right away – they are more likely to click through and learn more about your company. One study found that brands who used Instagram grew by 78% compared with those who didn’t use this platform!
It seems like numbers don’t lie: Instagram is a powerful tool for businesses and consumers alike, but you have to use it with caution.
It’s important not only what content is being put out there but also how the account owners handle any issues that may arise (especially when dealing with self-expression). Never share anything online you wouldn’t want the whole world to see. After all, once something goes viral or becomes public domain, it can never really disappear from history altogether.
Another great site is TikTok, which is famous for its short, sixty-second videos. It’s a great app to use as part of your social media marketing plan because it’s versatile and easy to learn.
This site also has another great benefit because you don’t have to log in or sign up separately from other platforms like Facebook. Instead, all you do is add a username (which doesn’t even need to be accurate) and then post away!
When using these sites for business purposes, make sure you’re clear on what they will use before deciding whether it will work out well with your company goals. Keep an eye on who your followers are, too; you need to have a diverse set of followers to indeed be successful in social media marketing.
There are a lot of sites that you can use as part of your digital marketing campaign, depending on the services or products you wish to market. Take some time and think about what is best for your company! And don’t forget: there’s no one size fits all regarding this type of information because each business has its own needs and strategies.
The same thing here to remember as discussed before (China audience f.e.), they don’t have Facebook, so here we are other alternatives for social media marketing:
- WeChat, an alternative to Facebook
- Sina Weibo, an alternative to Twitter
- Tencent QQ, instant messaging app
- Tencent Video, Chinese video sites
- Zhihu, an alternative to Quora
- Meituan – Dianping, an alternative to Yelp
- DouYin (TikTok), Short Video (viral worldwide now!)
The good about social media marketing are:
You can tap onto the fast-growing social media channels with lots of potentials.
It’s a great way to target your demographics much faster and easier than traditional marketing methods such as print ads, radio commercials, or TV spots.
The bad about social media marketing are:
Every platform has its own rules that you need to follow when it comes to staying active on them, including careful wording around censorship issues. This means not posting anything too controversial because some platforms will censor posts automatically for being politically sensitive or containing certain words like “democracy.” So if you don’t want any trouble from these sites, make sure to play by their rules!
Content marketing is where you create content that is valuable to your audience. You are creating images and words and the message behind them, which will determine their value. It’s about making sure that what customers see online aligns with your business goals!
Content marketing is precious for those companies that are new to the market or have a low customer base. Instead of investing in expensive advertising campaigns (like TV ads), they can focus on providing engaging content and getting it out there.
Content marketing is not only about creating blog posts – you should also be sharing videos, photos, infographics, etc.! You want your visitors to engage with what you’re doing online and share your information with others. And if people notice how great your company’s products are, then word will spread like wildfire!
You might find some free tools or resources while searching the internet. Still, when it comes down to running an effective campaign, I recommend hiring someone so that nothing falls through the cracks. It may cost more money upfront, but this strategy is the best way to ensure that your company’s website and other online assets are being used effectively.
You don’t want visitors going elsewhere without knowing how great your products are!
The pros of content marketing:
- Creating a positive experience with your company
- Giving the customer information that will help them make their decision to purchase
The cons of content marketing:
- This strategy takes time and money, but it’s worth it! It can be challenging to have enough content on all subjects. Sometimes you might need an expert in some aspects, for example, social media management or graphic design. There are many people out there who offer these services, and they’re relatively cheap, so I recommend hiring one if needed!
Email marketing is a way to reach out and connect with your customers in a more personal manner.
You can send emails about new products, sales on old products, or just general information via email newsletters! It’s all up to you how you want to keep people updated on what is happening at your company.
Email marketing is the perfect tool for businesses of any size because it doesn’t require an expensive advertising budget. Plus, platforms such as MailChimp, Aweber, and Getresponse offer free plans that enable companies of every size to get started right away without breaking their budgets!
How do I use email marketing?
- It might seem not easy, but it isn’t once you start getting used to doing it! You can easily find online how to use these software platforms and what the best practices are.
- If you want to use email marketing, you must have a clear customer profile. This data will help create the content for your newsletters and make sure you send your newsletter to people interested in what you do!
The pros of email marketing:
- It’s inexpensive compared to other marketing strategies, such as pay-per-click advertising.
- Customers who receive promotional emails are more likely to purchase those who don’t.
- You can create multiple email lists and segment them based on different interests or demographics (e.g., men vs. women). This is called segmentation.
The cons of email marketing:
- It takes time, and you need a good copywriter too!
Mobile marketing is becoming more and more critical in the digital marketing world.
What is mobile marketing: The use of services, applications, messages, or advertising on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets to promote products or brands by generating customer interest either through awareness-building (branding) efforts that make a company’s goods and services accessible at any time; or offers directly targeted to potential customers based on their current proximity.
In the last years, mobile marketing becomes an essential part of the marketing mix for many companies.
Mobile Marketing is a form of internet-based advertising that uses text messaging, push notifications, or mobile apps to promote products and services.
There are different types of Mobile Marketing strategies: Push Notifications; Text Message Campaigns/Personalization tools like Short Codes. These tools help marketers reach out and get in touch with their customers based on specific triggers such as time spent per visit, location, or age group.
App Store Optimization With Keyword Research & Reviews Management: QR codes + Games – these can be used to generate leads from online sources before they even hit your website by driving traffic through app store searches.
The pros of mobile marketing:
- Mobile Marketing is a low-cost form of advertising.
- It’s easy to reach people on mobile devices because they’re always with you, so there are fewer barriers to conversion than desktop or laptop computers.
The cons of mobile marketing:
- It’s not as easy to track mobile activity because it can’t be tracked through a cookie, so that analytics may need more manual input.
- Mobile devices require up-to-date software and other technical requirements for the system to function smoothly.
- To create a mobile app is expensive.
Marketing analytics is the most accurate information for measuring ROI for your marketing campaigns. They use various data from different sources, including digital and social media platforms like Facebook or Google Adwords.
To get a clear understanding of what works best with your business, you need to monitor metrics such as:
- Paid advertising traffic;
- Social Media Engagement (likes, shares);
- Email Campaign Performance (open rate/click-through rates) – these are some excellent examples of analytics that will help you decide how much money you’ll need in each area in the future!
- Analyze your content online.
You can utilize several other tools to help provide insights into your content. You may want to consider using Google Analytics for more detailed information about what is going on with the website from visitors’ perspective and how they get here.
You can check YouTube engagement analytics to see which videos are performing best, or Facebook Insights for even more details on social media performance.
A quick Google Analytics example (or whichever analytics platform you use):
You can click on ‘Audience’ and find the section of your website relevant to this post. You will then see how many visitors have come through for the last 30 days, or since January 2021, for example. This information can help provide insights into what should you want to do next – whether adding more content about this topic, increasing SEO efforts, etc.
You may also want to look at which social platforms are sending traffic here! For example, Facebook has sent over 40% of all visits while Twitter only contributed 11%. If you’re looking to increase engagement from these sites, it might make sense to focus on where your customers come from.
You will also notice three tabs under ‘Audience,’ including Traffic Sources, Behavior Flow Analysis, and Audience Overview. These give you an idea of where people come from before visiting your site and showing them exploring around once they’re there. This can help identify specific points of interest within your posts that might need some extra attention!
The advantages of marketing analytics are:
- You have a detailed view of your customers, including their behavior on your site.
- You can see where most of your traffic comes from, and you’ll know when to focus more efforts on that area.
- Suppose the content is being distributed across multiple mediums (social media channels). In that case, you will know which ones are working best for driving people back to the website.
The disadvantages of analytics are:
- They need to be set up in advance, and you’re limited to the available data.
- You might miss out on valuable information if your analytics are not precise enough.
- The software and the people involved won’t be cheap even if you use free tools like Google Analytics because you will probably need other expensive software.
- You need the right people that will help you to understand the data you’ll get.
In conclusion: Digital marketing is essential for businesses to stay competitive in today’s marketplace. With the right strategy, you can reach new customers and grow your business online with little time or overhead.
Here is a summary of why digital marketing will help your business succeed:
- It provides a cost-effective way of attracting potential clients;
- Digital Marketing allows companies to change their messaging depending on market conditions quickly
- Companies gain an additional channel through which they can offer products and services
- You’ll be able to measure how well your campaign performs so that you know what changes need to be made.
In today’s world, you need to use digital marketing to grow your business.